For sources of funding for overseas study you should first contact your Ministry of Education or Education Department, or equivalent, in your home country. Most grants or scholarships available for international students are for postgraduate study or research.

Other sources of funding:
British Council
International Education Finance Corp
Africa Educational Trust

Address : 38 King Street
City : London, WC2E 8JR
Tel. : 44 (0) 207 836 5075
Fax : 44 (0) 207 379 0090
E-mail : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Website :

Financial assistance for African students. As funding and circumstances change year on year, please contact the Trust directly for further information.

The Arab-British Chamber of Commerce

Address : 6 Belgrave Square
City : London, SW1X 8PH
Tel. : 44 (0) 207 235 4363
Fax : 44 (0) 207 235 1748
E-mail : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Website :

Student grants for Postgraduate Arab nationals under 40 years of age with citizenship of a member State of the Arab League. Students must be committed to returning to a country in the Arab world on completion of their study programme. This is a Foundation grant to act as a top-up support, therefore, applicants must be able to provide evidence of providing sufficient funds to cover the rest of the tuition fees, accommodation and living costs.

British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG)

Address : 4 Mandeville Courtyard
142 Battersea Park Road
City : London, WE11 4NB
Tel. : 44 (0)20 7498 8037
Fax : 44 (0)20 7498 5213
E-mail : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Website :

Academic awards to women of any nationality in their final year of formal study in the UK towards a doctoral research degree. Chief criterion is academic excellence (not living expenses). Please go to BFWG website for further details.

The British Lebanese Association
1 year postgraduate Masters students only.
2 or 3 jointly funded partial scholarships are offered annually in October to Lebanese applicants of outstanding merit to pursue 1 year postgraduate Masters Courses in subjects of special relevance to the development needs of Lebanon during this period of re-construction.
Apply direct to:
The Cultural Officer ,The British Council

Address : Sidani Street, Azar Building
City : Beirut, Lebanon
Tel. : 00 961 1 739 459/60
Fax : 00 961 1 739461
Website :

Charles Wallace India Trust

Address : 36, Lancaster Avenue
City : London, SE27 9DZ
Tel. : 020 8940 9295
Fax : 020 8940 9295
Website :

Full scholarships and grants-in-aid for Indian citizens following Postgraduate or Research studies in the UK in the arts or humanities. No support is given at undergraduate level. The Trust does not operate a hardship fund as all awards are made on merit. Applications are made direct to the Secretary. For further information please go to

International Student House

Address : 229 Great Portland Street
City : London, W1W 5PN
Tel. : 44 (0)20 7631 8300
Website :

A number of Residential Scholarships available to students from developing countries in receipt of a scholarship for their tuition fees.

Newby Trust Ltd
Miss W Gillam, Secretary

Address : Hill Farm, Froxfield,
City : Petersfield
Tel. : 44 (0)1730 827557
Fax : 44 (0)1730 827938
E-mail : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Website :

Funding available for courses within the UK only for individuals (students) who have a first degree. Overseas students must have had a period of academic study within the UK. Personal letter setting out personal circumstances supported by a full CV, statement of financial situation, two letters of academic reference (or one academic and one personal), sent with a self addressed envelope. Applications for the start of a new academic year should be submitted at least four months in advance, preferably earlier. Very few grants are made in September and October.

Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships
Commonwealth nationals starting a postgraduate course should contact the Commonwealth Scholarship Agency in your own country about Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships. The Agency is normally based at the Ministry of Education.
To find out whether your country is part of the Commonwealth please click here

Corporate or Government Sponsorship
If you wish to discuss corporate or government sponsorship that you have won from your own country, please contact Robert Green.


Learn about the latest scholarships in our partner USA institutions.

A guide for International Students sholarships: Guide to USA for International Students

Colby-Sawyer College - International scholarships and financial aid

Illinois Wesleyan University - Merit-based scholarships for Qualified International Students